Fresh, sweet and creamy. Is there anything more you could possibly ask of breakfast? The sweet and tart berries combine perfectly with creamy ricotta and nutty toast.
I always make sure to buy sprouted bread because a) it’s delicious and b) its FAR easier to digest. That’s what we call a win-win. When buying ricotta (or any dairy for that matter) always choose grass-fed organic when possible. Grass-fed dairy products have an entirely different and far more beneficial nutritional profile than conventional dairy products.
- 2 slices sprouted bread (spelt, whole wheat – whatever your heart desires)
- 2 tbsp grass-fed ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup mixed berries (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries)
- drizzle of raw honey (optional)
- Toast the slices of bread until golden. Spread each warm toast with 1 tbsp of ricotta cheese.
- Top with berries and drizzle with raw honey