Is it just me or do your best friends’ houses always have the best food?
Maybe it’s because they buy things you’d never think of?
Maybe it’s because they have a magic grocery list and they know just exactly what you’ll be in the mood for the minute you arrive?
I could spend all day guessing. All I know is that my best friends’ fridges look like the inside of Bon Appetit freakin’ magazine to me.
This salad was created out of the contents of one such fridge. Delicious farmers market greens, tart and crunchy apples, sweet corn, hemp hearts for protein, and of course…Tahini Dressing. (Do I use anything else?)
This salad is bursting with GREEN which means tons of detoxifying chlorophyll. It also has tons of fibre and vitamin C from the tart green apple and loads of healthy fats from the hemp seeds. Hemp seeds are extremely high in anti-inflammatory omega 3 fats making them a perfect addition to any salad.
- 1 lb farmers market mixed greens
- 1 large green apple
- 3 ears of corn, shucked
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 batch of Tahini Dressing
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook the corn for 3 minutes to remove the starchiness then submerge in ice water to stop the corn from over-cooking. Once cooled, run your knife down the corn lengthwise to take off the kernels from the core.
- Tear the lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with the tahini dressing and toss to combine. Serve! ENJOY!
P.S. This salad is so fresh and versatile that you can really use any dressing you would like on it! Even a simple lemon vinaigrette would bring these flavours together really nicely. But you know me…Tahini forever <3