Avocados or “nature’s butter” as people have taken to calling them are an absolute superSTAR when it comes to superfoods. Full of healthy fats, fibre and vitamins, this unique fruit is a perfect thing to incorporate into your breakfast. Avocado toast has been popping up all over the place! From blogs to brunches, people can’t seem to get enough of this delish and nutrish treat (Yes, nutrish is the official shortened version of nutritious.) The reason this recipe has the word “perfect” in it is because I feel strongly that no matter how many avocado toasts there are in the world, this one has covered all the bases as the perfect toast-topper: lemony tartness, creamy goodness, saltiness, a lil spice, and sometimes some creative toppings. So without further ado, I would like to introduce you to the world’s BEST avocado toast.
Here she is! Wouldn’t ya like to take a bite outta that?!
Sorry! I had to. You were taking too long.
Now THAT’S an avocado toast. With smoked wild caught salmon and goat cheese because healthy fats 4 lyfe.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 toasts)
- 2 slices of your favorite bread (I choose sprouted breads or sourdoughs for their digestibility)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp flakey sea salt
- pinch of chilli flakes
- olive oil for drizzling
- Goat Cheese
- Smoked salmon
- Crumbled Feta
- Sunny Side Up Egg
- Tomatoes (grilled, roasted or raw)
- Radish Slices
- Cucumber Slices
- Fresh herbs
- Leftover Grilled Veggies
- I’m going to stop now but you get the idea…essentially anything goes.
- Throw the toast in the toaster and turn that baby on!
- Mash the avocado in a bowl with a fork. Add lemon juice, salt, and chilli flakes. Taste and add extra seasoning to your liking.
- Spread the avocado mash over the two toasted slices of bread. Add your extra toppings (like 1 tbsp crumbled goat cheese and some smoked salmon)
- Drizzle with olive oil and serve! ENJOY!