How much better would your day get if I told you there was a healthy way to eat ice cream for breakfast? A lot? Yeah, mine too.
This “nicecream” is a dairy free ice cream alternative made entirely out of…BANANAS!
I always keep a bag of chopped frozen bananas in my freezer. When you blend them for long enough, they turn thick and creamy – just like ice cream! But breakfast-acceptable.
- 2 frozen bananas (ideally chopped into pieces)
FOR THE COCONUT WHIP:
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Raw Chocolate
- chopped nuts
- flaked coconut
- almond butter drizzle
For the coconut whipped cream:
- Chill a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for about 30 minutes. This will help the cream and liquid separate. Be sure not to tip or shake the can.
- Open it and scrape the top layer of coconut cream into a chilled metal mixing bowl. Reserve the liquid underneath for smoothies.
- Add the vanilla and maple syrup. Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat until creamy.
- Return bowl to the fridge to allow the cream to set.
For the Nicecream:
- In a high speed blender or food processor, add the chopped frozen banana and blend until all lumps are gone, wipe down the edges and then keep blending until a creamy consistency is reached.
For the Raw Chocolate:
- Scoop about 3 scoops of nicecream into two bowls
- Top with coconut whipped cream, fresh blueberries and some broken up pieces of raw chocolate. Serve immediately!