I LOVE fall cooking. Delicious spices, crisp apples, warm pumpkins, baked squashes and PIES. pies. pies. pies. To me, everything that uses fall spices is comfort food which is a huge plus because it means endless possibilities for new healthy treats!
Throw any kind of veggies, fruits or nuts together with some fall spices and BAM! Instant-healthy-comfort-food.
This grain-free granola is my go-to for a grab and go snack. It also tastes amazing on top of nicecream or coconut yogurt and makes everything taste like a delicious dessert! Best of all it is packed with protein and healthy fats from the nuts and coconut sure to leave you feeling fuller for longer.
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut (unsweetened)
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 300 F. Combine all ingredients in a bowl (except for the raisins) and toss together until everything is evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper and bake for about 20-25 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning. I have a horrible habit of ALWAYS burning granola. Watch the oven. Be better than me.
- When the granola is nice and toasted remove from oven and leave out to cool. Toss in the raisins and serve!