This dessert is perfect for cooler nights when you’re craving something warm and sweet. Kind of like pie. But healthier than pie. But without tasting worse than pie. “Pie” is starting to sound really weird. Lets talk about pears instead.
In this decadent yet healthy dessert, pears are infused with many colourful flavours through the use of chai spices. This adds a depth of flavour whilst maintaining their delicate fruitiness. These are paired with my Grain-Free Granola for a nutty crunch to go along with the sweet, soft pear.
- Are extremely high in dietary fibre to keep you digestion running smoothly and helping you eliminate toxins from the body
- Are high in antioxidants which are protective against anti-aging and chronic illnesses
- Due to their high levels of fiber, pears have also been shown to increase heart health by helping lower blood pressure and reducing LDL cholesterol levels
- They are also anti-inflammatory and help to regulate your immune system to fight off the bad guys.
- 4 Pears, peeled
- 2 cups Grain-Free Granola
- drizzle of maple syrup or raw honey
- CHAI SPICE:
- 1 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- Prepare the granola according to recipe directions. Set aside to cool.
- In a large saucepan, bring enough water to cover the pears to a boil. Add the chai spice, cover, and reduce to a simmer to infuse the water – about 3 minutes.
- Carefully place the pears into the chai infusion and bring the water temperature back up to a simmer. Remove the cover and continue to cook the pears in the water for 20-30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove the pears from the water, place each on a plate. Top with 1/4 cup of the granola and drizzle with maple syrup or raw honey. Serve and enjoy!