Taco salads are my FAVORITE. Think about it: all of the toppings, none of the spillage. Thats a serious win in my books. Also the toppings/sauce are always the best part and this way, you get to eat copious amounts of both of those things. Tortillas just get in the way sometimes.
I always pair this salad with my Avocado-Cilantro Dressing because it is essentially dressing your salad in guacomole. Which is obviously what a taco salad should be about.
The dressing is packed with nutrients too:
- Avocados contain tons of vitamin E, a potent antioxidant which protects against disease and aging
- Avocados also contain heart-healthy monounsaturated fats and protect your liver against damage!
- Cilantro is a detox super-star and helps to clear heavy metals from the body
- Cilantro is also packed with immune-boosting vitamin C
health benefits aside, its also v yummy.
would ya look at how creamyyyy *heart-eyes*
- 1 Batch of my Avocado-Cilantro Salad Dressing
- 6 cups of baby kale
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 large cucumber, sliced into disks and then quartered
- 1/2 cup sweet corn kernels (organic, non GMO)
- 1 red OR green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- Prepare the Avocado-Cilantro dressing according to recipe here
- In a large bowl combine the kale, chopped tomatoes, chopped cucumber, diced pepper, and black beans.
- Pour salad dressing overtop and toss to combine. Top with some extra cilantro.
- Serve and enjoy!