These raw & paleo nori wraps are an awesome way to get creative with fresh veggies and a fun way to get your fix of nutrient-dense seaweed. They make a perfect appetizer, snack, or packed lunch!
Not going to lie…These took a lot of trial and error. But as I was told in my culinary arts class, “Eat your mistakes.” I left those classes very full to say the least.
The great thing about these is that no matter how ugly they look, they still taste great! So go ahead – Eat all the mistakes you want!
To accompany these lil wraps, I made a sauce out of tahini and tamari which is so easy and I’d even recommend it as a straight up veggie dip. Also I recommend making a lot. Because everyone knows sauces are the best part.
Begin by making the sauce. And spill a lot of it. Like a pro.
Always mix the separated fat into the tahini so that you get a creamy sauce. Also because fats are your friend.
How creamy is that sauce tho…
- 10 nori sheets
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced thinly
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado, sliced thinly
- 1 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly
- a few drops of water
- FOR THE SAUCE
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3-4 Tbsp tamari (gluten free soy sauce)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup water
- Whisk together all the sauce ingredients. Depending on the brand of tahini you are using you may need a little more water to thin it out. Taste and add more tamari if needed. Again, this will depend on the brand you use (some are more bitter than others)
- Chop up all your veggies. Lay out the nori sheets one at a time and lay a few of each vegetable along the bottom edge. Do not soak the nori in water but you may need to flick a few drops of water on it to make it easier to roll.
- Starting from that bottom edge, roll it up into a long sushi roll. Dip your finger in water, run it along the flat edge of the nori and seal the roll shut. Repeat with each until all nori/veggies are used.
- Using a SHARP knife, slice the sushi rolls into bite sized pieces. Dip them in the sesame tahini dip and serve!