This Gingerbread Nicecream has all the warming comfort of a gingerbread cookie but in creamy ice cream form. I love serving this with baked apples in the fall as a substitute for plain old vanilla ice cream because lets face it, gingerbread spice is always amazing.
Not only is it delicious, the spices also have some awesome health benefits
- Cinnamon is awesome for boosting metabolism and blood sugar balance
- Ginger is great for digestion and helps soothe nausea/tummy troubles
- Nutmeg is awesome for oral health and is anti-bacterial (fights off those winter colds!)
- Cloves also help with oral health, digestion and make your breath smell fresh
- Allspice is anti-inflammatory and helps decrease bloating by helping digestion
- Cardamom helps to stimulate appetite and is quite a lot like ginger as it helps digestion and nausea.
DISCLAIMER* Every year I make a big batch of gingerbread spice and use it throughout the fall and winter. The measurements of the spice mix here will give you way more than you actually need for this recipe. For each banana I use when making this nicecream I use about 1 Tbsp of the spice mix. Save the rest for later to put on top of apples, mix into almond butter, or sprinkle on top of almond milk lattes!
- FOR THE SPICE MIX:
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 2 tbsp allspice
- 1 tbsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp cloves
- 1 tsp cardamom
- OPTIONAL: 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- FOR THE NICECREAM:
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix together all the spices. Set aside
- In a food processor or high speed blender, blitz the bananas and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy.
- For each banana you use, add 1 heaping tbsp of the spice mix. Blend again until the spices are mixed through.
- Transfer to a bowl, sprinkle a little more of the spice mix on top and serve!