Calling this a “recipe” might be very generous. It is kind of just fancy toast. But who are we kidding? Toast can get pretty boring. This is great for a grab and go breakfast or can even be served in place of party sandwiches at a fancy brunch! All sorts of fancy up in here. For the party sandwiches, all you have to do is cut them into smaller bite-sized pieces.
I paired this with a frosty glass of Hibiscus & Rose kombucha because I was on a little coffee-cleanse but this would definitely go well with a nice hot almond milk latte…or a mimosa…I’ll leave your brunch beverages choice up to you.
- 2 slices dark & seedy pumpernickel bread
- 2 tbsp goat cheese
- 4 fresh figs, sliced thinly
- honey, for drizzle
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Toast the bread.
- Spread a generous tbsp of goat cheese on each slice while its still warm
- Top with sliced figs, drizzle with honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Slice each in half and grab & go! OR double the recipe and slice each assembled fig-toast into quarters as part of a great brunch spread.