Adding nut butters to smoothies is a fantastic way to add a little protein kick a healthy dose of good fats. Not to mention that they bring a deep nutty richness in flavour that I’m completely obsessed with.
This one was my first attempt at adding nut butters to smoothies so its pretty basic but I recommend adding a tablespoon of almond or cashew butter next time you make your favourite smoothie!
I’m currently working on recipes for a PB&J smoothie and a tahini & fig smoothie. So stay tuned.
- 1/2 frozen or a very ripe banana
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blitz until creamy. Pour into a glass and serve!