I made this chocolate bark in honour of World Pistachio Day a while back (yes that is a REAL thing and its freakin’ amazing)
The maple tahini drizzle on top adds a delicious nutty icing that pairs perfectly with the crunchy pistachios and decadent chocolate!
This recipe is completely refined sugar free – the only sweetener used is good ol’ maple syrup. In fact, this whole recipe uses very few ingredients – all with amazing health benefits!
Healthy fat and fibre from the coconut + coconut oil
Muscle relaxin’ magnesium from the chocolate
Hormone balancing help and healthy glowing skin from the tahini
LOTS of protein and fibre from the pistachios
aaand tons of minerals from the maple syrup
This dessert essentially saves lives. You should really make it for your health.
- CHOCOLATE BARK:
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup flaked coconut
- ½ cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper. Heat coconut oil over a double boiler until melted. Add the cocoa powder and whisk until smooth and heated (about one minute)
- Remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup. Sprinkle coconut and 1/4 cup pistachios on top and transfer to freezer to set for about 15 minutes.
- Whisk together the remaining maple syrup and tahini until smooth. Remove from freezer and drizzle the top with the maple-tahini icing. Sprinkle with remaining pistachios and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Break into pieces and enjoy! Store in the refrigerator or freezer.