This smoothie is almost more like a decadent tropical dessert. And also kind of like gelato. Creamy, sweet, tropical gelato. I don’t know about you but I’m sold.
I always try to incorporate healthy fats, protein and fibre when making fruit smoothies because these help to slow the rate that sugars spike our blood sugar. In this smoothie, the healthy fats come from the coconut whip and coconut milk, the protein comes from unsweetened protein powder (and chia seeds), and we get lots of fibre from the raspberries, pineapple and chia seeds as well!
- 1/2 frozen mango
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop unsweetened protein powder of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut whipped cream
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for the coconut whip and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Top with 1 tbsp coconut whip and serve!