I may be a little late to this turmeric latte bandwagon but this recipe was too good not to share. I completely cut out caffeine two months ago so I had to start getting creative when it came to warming morning beverages! Recently, I’ve introduced some caffeine back in but this baby is staying in rotation for SURE.
Turmeric is just bursting with health benefits! It is
- super high in antioxidants
- heart-healthy (for the two reasons listed above)
- Aids digestion/heartburn!
But did you know that you might not be absorbing turmeric just as-is? All those heath benefits need another ingredient to become accessible to your body.
Thats right. Just a sprinkle of black pepper and turmeric becomes 2000% more bioavailable. Yes you read that right – 2000%
This means that all the health benefits are FAR more available to your body! No matter what you’re making with turmeric, always remember to add a pinch of black pepper and rest assured you are getting the most nutrients and health benefits from your food!
- • 1 ½ cups coconut milk
- ½ lemon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- pinch of cracked black pepper
- dash of organic cinnamon
- dash of organic ground ginger
- OPTIONAL: 1 scoop unflavoured collagen protein powder
- SWEETENER OF CHOICE:
- 2 dates OR 1 tsp raw honey OR 1/2 tsp stevia
- Heat the coconut milk over the stove until simmering and steamy.
- Add all ingredients into a blender. Pour hot coconut milk overtop and blend on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into your favourite oversized mug and enjoy!