- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 clove garlic1 bulb fennel
- 1 cucumber
- 1 shallot
- ½ cup dill
- zest + juice from 1 lemon
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp olive oil (divided)
- Mince the garlic. Heat it in a large pan with 1 tbsp olive oil. Cook the shrimp until light pink and cooked through. Set aside and let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to the fridge to chill.
- Slice the top off the fennel bulb and cut it in half through the root. Make an insertion half way through lengthwise but keep the root intact. Cut the fennel into thin slices widthwise.
- Slice the cucumber in half and then into thin slices. You want the fennel, cucumber and shrimp to be relatively the same size pieces. Roughly chop the dill
- Slice the shallot very thinly. Toss the chilled shrimp, fennel, cucumber, shallot and dill together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining olive oil, salt, lemon juice, vinegar and zest. Pour over salad and toss until everything is coated. Serve cold for the perfect fresh summer dinner.