Remember that Nesquik strawberry syrup we used to drink as kids? Well, I certainly do.
I’m pretty sure I used to dump about a quarter cup into a glass of milk, mix it up and call it a day.
I really wanted to create a #realfood version of that – giving you all the warm fuzzy feels of childhood but maybe notttt shooting your blood sugar through the roof…? (and ingesting WHO KNOWS what kind of chemical and colour additives?) Sound good? Okay.
This strawberry milk did just that! It was delicious, sweet, creamy and the best part – actually GOOD for you! I think my 5 year old self would call this a win
- *Makes 2 glasses *
- 2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 6 strawberries + some for garnishing if you wanna get fancy
- 1 tsp maple syrup or 2 pitted dates
- Cut the stems off the strawberries
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blitz on high until the milk is creamy, smooth and light pink
- Pour into glasses, garnish with a strawberry & enjoy!