I dont know how else to say it, this shrimp is SUPER fresh!!
The combination of lemon, garlic, basil, mint and chives is sure to make you feel like its summer. I love to make this whenever I need a quick and easy meal that literally takes under 20 minutes to throw together!
I’ve served this shrimp with steamed asparagus, delicious salads or my favorite way – in tacos! I hope you enjoy 🙂
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 lemons
- ¼ cup white wine (or water)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh chives
- FOR TACOS:
• 6-8 small gluten free or organic corn tortillas OR lettuce leaves
• 2 cups shredded cabbage
• 1 cup finely chopped kale
• 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp avocado oil
• sea salt
• 1 tsp honey (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant
- Add the shrimp + juice from 1 and 1/2 lemon and sauté for 1 minute
- Add the white wine or water and cook for another 3-4 minutes until the shrimp turn pink and are cooked through, the liquid remaining will be a delicious sauce!
- Remove from heat, season with salt and add the fresh herbs on top
- Serve with remaining ½ lemon cut into wedges
- FOR THE TACOS:
- mix together the cabbage, kale, apple cider vinegar, avocado oil, sea salt and honey to make the cole slaw
- serve with the shrimp on tacos or lettuce wraps and enjoy!