By now we are all familiar with the tried-and-true combinations of peanut butter and jam, peanut butter and chocolate, and peanut butter and banana. But guess what – I have a new combo that might just top them all. Introducing, peanut butter and coconut.
This unbelievably creamy and sweet combination satisfies all those fat/sugar cravings without sacrificing nutrition! It is full of fibre, protein, and tons of healthy fats to keep you feeling fuelled all morning.
Here’s a few things you may not have known about coconut!
- It helps fight of aging and is anti-cancer because it contains antioxidants!
- It is full of healthy fats that your body will burn as energy before they are stored as fat because it is full of medium-chain-triglycerides (MCTs)
- It contains amino acids – the breakdown of protein which help improve energy levels, hair, skin, nails and mood!
- (makes 2 smoothies)
- 1 banana
- 4 frozen strawberries
- 2 medjool dates
- 2 tbsp smooth organic peanut butter
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 cup ice
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 scoop vegan peanut butter protein powder (optional)
- In a blender, blitz all ingredients together until smooth and combined.
- Pour into 2 glasses, top with flaked coconut and serve!