This is my go-to protein shake. In general, I’ve actually never been a big fan of protein shakes. This one however doesn’t taste like any old protein shake. The combination of fresh strawberries and basil gives it a far more decadent feel than any other protein shake tried. Say protein shake one more time I dare you…
I have never been a huge fan of protein powders as I cannot STAND when they taste super chalky. Anyone else? Recently, I’ve been loving vital proteins collagen peptides protein powder or Genuine Health’s Whey Protein. If you have any other recommendations please comment!
- 6 large Strawberries (green tops removed)
- 1 scoop natural vanilla protein powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup water or unsweetened almond milk
- 6 fresh basil leaves, divided
- In a blender, blend together the strawberries, protein powder, lemon juice, water or almond milk and 3 of the basil leaves until smooth.
- Pour into glass and garnish with remaining basil leaves. Enjoy!