I’m ALL about wraps recently. I don’t know what it is but there is something about being able to pile as many sandwich toppings as you want without risking spillage that just really speaks to me. Never mind… I totally understand why now. That is an ideal situation. Kind of like this breakfast wrap! You get all your favourite breakfast bites without losing any to bad-sandwich-handling (“Bad Sandwich Handling: A Faux Pas” I smell a book deal comin’ my way)
ok sorry HERE WE GO:
These wraps are packed with healthy fats that are sure to keep you feeling full until lunch. I love starting my day with tons of healthy fats – here’s why:
- Omega 3s from the wild caught salmon are super anti-inflammatory and help to boost brain function
- Eggs provide fat, all the essential amino acids AND have no effect on blood sugar which helps to keep you balanced, full and helps with weight management
- coconut has loads of fibre which means your digestion keeps running smoothly and it contains MCTs which are an awesome source of energy fuel for your body
- *MAKES 2 WRAPS*
- 2 Coconut paleo wraps (from the lovely Julian Bakery – not an ad, I actually love them)
- 4 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 tsp ghee or avocado oil
- chilli flakes
- salt to taste
- 2 slices wild-caught smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup spinach
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk together until uniform. Try to incorporate some air as you mix for fluffier eggs. Add salt and chilli flakes. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the ghee or butter and wait for it to melt completely.
- Turk the heat to medium-low, add the eggs into the pan and let sit for 30 seconds without touching. With a spatula, slowly start to sweep the outer edges inward making large folds. Continue this slow folding process until the last bit of liquid egg has cooked.
- They will still look very runny. Remove from heat and continue to slowly stir until there are soft, creamy and still a little on the under-done side. VOILA – perfect scrambled eggs.
- Lay one slice of the smoked salmon or trout out on the coconut wraps, followed by half the spinach.
- add half the egg mixture to each wrap allowing the hot eggs to wilt the spinach slightly. Fold the wraps & ENJOY!