I recently acquired a spiralizer…Soo naturally everything in my kitchen is being noodle-ed. Yes that is the official term for when anything gets spiralized, didn’t you know?
But in all seriousness, it is the most fun way to make salad – I am hooked! With summer just around the corner, this delicious crunchy salad packs a serious flavourful punch! Goodbye plain old green salads, give this one a try for your next summer BBQ.
The radishes are super hydrating and crunchy, the cabbage is awesome for helping your body detox this spring and fennel is amazing for digestion! Not to mention that parsley and cilantro are two of the most nutrient dense foods out there – they contain a ton of chlorophyll and phytonutrients that help your brain and body get rid of toxins fast! This salad is essentially a superhero. It could pretty much change the world. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
- 1 bunch radishes
- ½ small green cabbage
- 1 bulb fennel
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 lime
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Rinse the radishes and chop off the ends. Spiralize the radishes into long ribbons and set aside.
- Remove the core of the cabbage, slice the cabbage into thin ribbons. Add a pinch of salt and massage the cabbage to break down some of the fibers (for about 1-2 minutes.) This will make it far easier to chew and digest.
- Slice the fennel bulb in half through the core and cut into super thin slices.
- In a bowl, whisk together the juice and zest from 1 lime, the olive oil, himalayan salt and plenty of cracked black pepper.
- On a large plate or bowl, first lay the cabbage down, then the radish ribbons followed by the fennel.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad then sprinkle with fresh parsley and cilantro.
- Serve alongside some grilled whitefish or marinated cannellini beans.