This fudge is probably the healthiest dessert you will ever eat. Not only is it sugar-free, but it is nutrient-rich! All thanks to the glorious little hemp seed.
Hemp seeds are a fantastic source of plant based protein. I love adding a tbsp to my morning smoothies for an extra protein kick (without the chalkiness of some protein powders). They are also extremely high in omega 3 fatty acids which our bodies need to fight inflammation. We cannot actually make omega 3 fats in our bodies but they are essential for survival – so hemp seeds to the rescue!
This fudge is also filled with vitamin E and calcium from almond butter, healthy fats and anti-bacterial properties from coconut oil, and muscle-relaxing magnesium from the raw cacao!
If you’re not vegan and want to add collagen to this recipe – be my guest! Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body – it keeps your nails strong, your skin elastic and your hair thick and shiny. I love adding a scoop of unflavoured collagen protein to desserts wherever I can because, I mean, chocolate that makes your hair/skin/nails pretty?? Sign me up.
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- 2-3 tbsp powdered stevia
- 1/3 cup hemp seeds
- Optional: 1 scoop unflavoured collagen protein powder
- Line an 8″ by 8″ dish with parchment paper. OR line mini muffin tins with parchment liners. Set aside.
- Melt the nut butter and coconut oil together (over a double-boiler or just some simmering water in a pot and a metal bowl), whisking until smooth and all lumps disappear.
- Remove from heat. Whisk in the cacao powder and the powdered stevia. Add 2 tbsp of stevia first, taste and then add another if you wish. It’s 300x sweeter than sugar!
- Mix in the hemp seeds and collagen if using.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan or mini muffin tins. Transfer to freezer to set for 30 minutes. Serve + Enjoy! Store in the freezer.