I’m not kidding when I say this mash is better than mashed potatoes. It’s creamy, garlicky, and decadent. Plus, it’s packed with nutritious cauliflower!
Cauliflower is one of the best vegetables to help your body detox, to boost skin health and to fight off inflammation.
- One serving of cauliflower contains 77% of your daily intake of vitamin C – hello healthy skin (because vitamin C helps your body produce collagen) and goodbye to colds/flus (because vitamin C is immune boosting)
- it is super anti-inflammatory which helps fight chronic illness and reduces stress in the body
- it is packed with compounds that aid your liver in its detoxification process
- it is high in fibre for great digestion!
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp ghee (could sub butter or cold pressed extra virgin oil)
- 2-4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk (just enough to help it blend)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- cracked black pepper
- OPTIONAL: 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- garnish: 1 sprig rosemary
- Cut the cauliflower into florets and steam for 10-12 minutes until fork tender
- Add the cauliflower, garlic cloves, ghee, sea salt and some black pepper to a high speed blender or food processor. Begin to blend and add 1 tbsp of almond milk at a time (just enough to help it all blend) and continue blending until super smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in nutritional yeast if using. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and rosemary for garnish. Enjoy as a side dish!