The best part of thanksgiving is undoubtably the sides, amiright?
I love making these sweet potatoes because they taste super decadent but are covered with zesty parsley which gives them a delicious freshness. Further, parsley is an awesome detoxifier. So have your wine and pumpkin pie – parsley is here to save the day.
- 3 sweet potatoes, chopped into cubes
- 1 shallot
- 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- 1 tsp himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- avocado oil for greasing
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a baking sheet with a small amount of avocado oil.
- Dice the shallot and transfer to a large bowl. Add the cubed sweet potatoes, ghee, salt, cayenne, garlic powder and black pepper and toss until everything is coated evenly.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork-tender.
- Remove from oven and transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle parsley on top and toss everything together. Serve & enjoy!