Your post-workout beverage just got a lot healthier. This shake is packed with antioxidants, protein, collagen and is extremely low sugar.
Why should I want collagen post-workout?
- It helps repair, restore and rejuvenate connective tissue. Our muscles get a lot of attention when it comes to post-workout recovery but connective tissue makes up a big part of those muscles, tendons, ligaments, and joints. Long term strenuous activity naturally degrades collagen levels in the body. We want to keep those collagen levels high for optimum health, recovery and connective tissue function.
- It helps fight inflammation caused by strenuous activity. Lots of hard activity also promotes inflammation in the body which has been linked to many chronic illnesses. It helps promote a healthy inflammatory response to exercise, making your workouts more effective
- It is necessary for joint health. Our joints often take a beating when we workout. Collagen helps to protect our joints and keep em youthful!
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (or fresh blueberries and 1/2 cup ice)
- 2 scoops unflavoured collagen protein powder
- 1.5 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 drop stevia
- pinch cinnamon
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth and frothy.
- Top with fresh blueberries and serve!