This ain’t your average green smoothie. First off, its fruit-free making it super low sugar and great for blood-sugar balancing. Second, it has tons of healthy fats to help keep you full for longer and boost your energy. And third, it is packed with antioxidants from glorious MATCHA!
For those of you that don’t know, matcha is a type of green tea. It is caffeinated but is far milder than coffee (no jitters). Just one cup of matcha is nutritionally equivalent to 10 cups of green tea!
- It boosts your metabolism which aids with weight loss and is one of the most effective detoxifiers.
- It enhances mood, energy and concentration
- It can help to lower cholesterol and blood sugar
- It is rich in fibre, chlorophyll and vitamins like magnesium, selenium, vitamin C and chromium
- 1 1/2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 heaping tsp smooth almond butter
- 1/2 tsp ground flax seeds
- 1-2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- POSSIBLE TOPPINGS: 2 tbsp granola / matcha coconut chips
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Top with granola or matcha chips and serve!