Fudge will always hold a special place in my heart. It reminds me of being at carnivals as a kid and stuffing my face with that good old peanut butter swirl stuff. This stuff on the other hand, is just as face-stuffable but contains only healthful ingredients and no refined sugar. The coconut oil helps to solidify it in the freezer to get you that perfect fudgey bite. And with just enough swirled almond butter in it – you’ll feel like a kid at a carnival again too!
- Almonds are packed with heart-healthy fats and antioxidants to help you looking and feeling young. Plus they are a great source of calcium!
- Coconut oil is a “short chain” fat which means your body will burn it as energy before it stores it as fat – more energy + anti-bacterial properties makes this baby a superfood
- Real maple syrup is packed with tons of minerals and is high in antioxidants! Make sure you use the real stuff – no “table syrup” here J
- Raw cocoa powder is full of magnesium which boosts heart health, circulation and helps your digestive system run smoothly
- Collagen (if you choose to use it) is the most abundant protein in the body which helps keep your skin elastic, your hair thick and your nails strong!
- 1 cup smooth almond butter (plus 2 tbsp for swirling on top)
- ¼ cup coconut oil (melted)
- ¼ cup real maple syrup
- 3 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 1 scoop unflavoured collagen protein powder (optional)
- Line a small 8” by 8” dish with parchment paper
- In a bowl, whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour mixture into prepared dish. Dollop the remaining 2 tbsp of almond butter on top and swirl through with a knife for a marbled effect.
- Freeze for 30 minutes, or until solid.
- Cut into delicious little squares and enjoy! Store in the freezer.