These brownies are no joke. In fact, they’re less of a brownie and more like a chocolate protein bar…But they TASTE like brownies so that is what we call a WIN.
They are packed with healthy fats and fibre to keep that blood sugar from spiking, take only FIVE ingredients and have that perfect fudgy brownie consistency that we all know and love
- 1 cups raw cashews
- 1 heaping cup medjool dates
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of sea salt
- OPTIONAL TOPPING:
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- In a high speed food processor or blender, blitz the cashews and dates until they stick together and form a dough. It should be uniform and pliable.
- Add the vanilla extract, cacao powder and sea salt and blend again until smooth.
- Press into an 8″ by 8″ dish lined with parchment paper. Transfer to freezer.
- For topping: melt together the coconut oil and chocolate chips. Stir until smooth. Pour over raw brownies and transfer back to the freezer to set the chocolate topping.
- Store in freezer and enjoy!