Since by now we are well versed in the wonderful world that is probiotics, I wanted to talk about the other piece of the puzzle: PREbiotics.
Prebiotic foods are those which act as food for the good bacteria (probiotics). It’s one thing to reinoculate your gut with lots of good bacteria, it’s another thing to make sure these good bacteria have enough to eat so that they can flourish, grow and multiply.
This salad is packed with probiotics (from the kimchi) and prebiotics from the avocado, kale, cauliflower and almonds giving your gut some well-rounded lovin’
- 2 cups kale
- 1/3 cup cauliflower florets, chopped
- ¼ cucumber, chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ½ cup mung bean sprouts
- ¼ cup kimchi
- ¼ cup raw unsalted almonds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lemon
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon, salt and dijon mustard.
- In large bowl, toss together the kale, cauliflower, cucumber, avocado & mung beans with the dressing until well coated.
- Divide salad between two bowls. Top each with half the kimchi and half the almonds. Serve & enjoy!