Ok so I posted this picture on instagram on Christmas because…Well, LOOK AT IT! How christmasy is this?! And after receiving dozens of messages I realized that the recipe wasn’t even up on my website yet…dur. Silly me.
I honestly feel bad for depriving the world of this recipe because it’s just THAT dang good. But hey, better late than never.
My sincerest apologies though, I will never withhold delicious chocolate recipes from you again. I love you THAT much.
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (if you’re making this for someone who is crazy and hates dark chocolate, add a tbsp or two extra)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, unsulphured, flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- line a large baking sheet with parchment paper – right to the edges. We don’t spill chocolate here!
- Whisk together the coconut oil, cacao powder and maple syrup until smooth and creamy. Pour onto parchment lined baking sheet. Freeze for 2-3 minutes. This will help the top set slightly so that the toppings stick but don’t sink to the bottom.
- Sprinkle the flaked coconut and pomegranate seeds on top and freeze for an additional 15-20 minutes until bark is set.
- Break into pieces, store in the freezer. Enjoy!