Current obsession: CASHEW. BUTTER. EVERYTHING.
Cashews have always been one of my favourite snacks because they are high in protein, vitamin E and the powerful antioxidant selenium. While almond butter is my OG love, cashew butter is an awesome substitute when you’re looking for that buttery flavour minus some of that nuttiness (and slight bitterness of almonds).
These squares come together in under 15 minutes and can be served raw. If that’s not a Win-Win situation, I don’t know what is. They are also grain-free, vegan and refined sugar free.
I made these on my Instagram stories before going to a family dinner and came back to 50+ messages asking for the recipe soooo here we are. I honestly think these may be the best dessert I’ve ever created. I can’t wait for you to try them!
- 1 Cup cashew butter
- 1/3 Cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- 1 Batch of this Raw Chocolate
- 1 Cup chopped vegan chocolate / chocolate chips + 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- In a large bowl, mix together the cashew butter, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla until smooth and combined.
- Add coconut flour and mix until combined. Let it sit for 1-2 minutes so that the coconut flour can absorb some of the moisture. You want the dough to be smooth and pliable but not too sticky. Depending on the consistency of your cashew butter you may need to add 1-4 more tbsp of coconut flour.
- In a parchment lined 8″ x 8″ baking sheet, spread the cashew butter mixture and press evenly into the bottom of the pan
- Next, prepare the raw chocolate and pour over the cashew butter mixture. If using chocolate chips, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil and stir to combine before pouring over the bars.
- Freeze for at least 10 minutes to harden the chocolate and solidify the base. Remove from freezer and slice into squares. Store in an airtight container in fridge or freezer.