Raise your hand if you miss pizza pockets / bagel bites from childhood?
If you did, I have REALLY good news for you.
I recreated them – but like, healthified.
Not only are these made with real-food ingredients, they are also only made with 3 INGREDIENT DOUGH. Read that again. I know it sounds too good to be true, but they are honestly just that easy and THAT delicious.
Feel free to switch up the fillings with whatever you want. Others I want to try:
- Pesto with roasted mushrooms and vegan cheese
- Olive spread with sun dried tomatoes and parmesan
These are a surefire way to impress your friends/fam so I highly recommend bringing them to a holiday party this season. Recipe below – enjoy!
- FOR THE DOUGH
- 1 + 1/4 cup gluten free flour blend (I used a GF flour from Bulk Barn)
- 1 + 1/4 cup thick plain yogurt (I used Siggi’s but I’m sure as long as yours is on the thicker side it will work)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Avocado oil
- FOR THE FILLING
- 1/3 cup tomato sauce
- 10 small cubes of cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- MAYBE: 1 or 2 tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large bowl, mix the flour with baking soda and sea salt. Using a wooden spoon, stir in the yogurt.
- If the dough is too wet, add a little more flour. If it is too dry, add 1 or 2 tbsp cold water. The dough will be STICKY. Do not be alarmed.
- Oil your hands well to help prevent sticking and roll the dough into 10 balls. Make a hole in each and stuff with a small cube of cheese and a little spoonful of sauce or whatever fillings you’ve chosen to use.
- Seal the dough as best you can around the fillings and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet (sealed-side down).
- Sprinkle with oregano and bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy!