Quarantine life: Make lunch out of ANYTHING in your pantry. Yesterday it happened to be this Buffalo Chickpea Salad! You guys loved it so much on instagram I figured I should post the recipe ASAP.
It’s spicy, it’s creamy, it’s fresh & it’s likely made from things you already have in your cupboards/fridge. if that ain’t the perfect quarantine meal then idk what is.
This dish it’s super high in protein, fibre, has a fresh crunch from celery and a spicy kick. I highly recommend it as a dip with veggies as well as a spread for sandwiches. I may or may not have consumed the remainder not used in yesterday’s wraps with a fork. You’ll never know.
- 3 cups chickpeas
- 1 green onion
- 4 stalks celery
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3-4 tbsp franks hot sauce
- 3 tbsp mayo (I used Primal Kitchen Avocado Oil Mayo but you could use anything you have on hand)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- salt + pepper
- In a large bowl, mash the chickpeas with a fork until broken up into pieces. It’s fine if there are still some whole chickpeas in there. You could also pulse a couple times in a food processor.
- Dice the celery and thinly slice the green onion. Add both of these to the bowl.
- Add all other dressing ingredients and stir everything together. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serving options are endless: pile it high with lettuce in a wrap, spread on toast, fill celery stalks with it, or serve as a dip with veggies/crackers!