These fries the perfect side to any meal. They also make the best dippers for anyyy sauce. If you guys are like me, I essentially eat fries just so that I can devour sauce. These fries I actually like even on their own! I know, crazy.
They are creamy and soft on the inside with the perfect crispy crust. This is largely due to the coating. I always toss my potatoes with a little bit of whatever GF flour I have on hand. It gives them this delicious crispy crust that holds all the flavour. I’ve seen many baked fry recipes that call for a coating of cornstarch but I’ve found that most gluten-free or grain-free flours do the same trick!
I’ve made this same recipe with sweet potato fries many times if that’s what you have at home. They are so easy and absolutely fool-proof. No matter what, crispy salty potatoes will always taste amazing. Here we go:
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil (or another oil with a high smoke point), divided
- 4-6 russet potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp cassava flour (could sub arrowroot starch, gluten free flour blend or almond flour)
- Preheat oven to 425F. Grease a large baking sheet with 1.5 tbsp oil. You could also line the sheet with parchment first and then a little oil.
- Scrub the potatoes then slice them into 1/4-inch-wide sticks. I leave the skin on!
- In a large bowl, toss the potato sticks with remaining olive oil, sea salt, spices and flour of choice.
- Spread evenly over baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven on the bottom wrack for about 30 minutes.
- Move the fries to the top wrack and broil on high for 2 minutes or until golden on top.
- Remove from oven & enjoy!